An application of this feature is that it would allow a plant manager to document any maintenance activity undertaken regarding a piece of equipment, let a maintenance specialist supply vital information about the service undertaken, or let any authorized SmartDiagnostics® useradd a note on some other significant issue. This can be extremely helpful when more than one person is looking at the data.
For example, if a plant worker greases some bearings, it's very simple to "add a note"to a data point to inform everyone who looks at the data precisely what has been done, which could help explain a different result in observed vibration.
To add a note for a particular point in the data trend chart:
- Click on the anomalous data point in the trend chart.
- Click the yellow Note button between the upper and lower graph.
- A new Edit Note Details pop-up window (seen at top right) will open.
- Enter a title for your note into the Title entry field.
- Enter any information you need for the note in the Text box.
- Click the Save button.
To see all the notes that have been made on a monitoring location, click on Notes in the navigation tree and a Notes Log view will be displayed in the Working Pane. From this view, you can delete or edit existing notes by clicking on the respective icons.